Saturday, April 28, 2007

Friday night is movie night. . .

After waking up yesterday with a killer headache and popping a couple of E*cedrin I spent the day on a weird buzz. But hey, I didn't have a headache anymore.

My adorably awesome husband works a 12hr day every Friday. Which really stinks but the kids and I have gotten acustomed to watching a movie every Friday night to kill the time. We've seen tons of movies together. Last night we had company for movie night. My dear friend and her kiddos who live on the next street came over and we split a bucket from the Colonel and watched Ice Age-The Meltdown. It (the movie) was alright. Nothing to brag about. We had a great time in spite of it. I think we'll do it again. (Not Ice Age).

I remember doing movie nights growing up. It was the best. We got to stay up way too late and eat pizza or popcorn. It was fun to sit down with my parents and not be feel forced. I have lots of great memories. Thats probably why I love movies so much. It's something that we are passing down to our kids. They love movies. Good movies. Not mindless crud. lol.

We make them talk about the movies we see. Plot, character development, bad acting, etc. They need to know that there is more to a good movie than action and cg(computer graphics). It's got to have something that makes you want to watch it again. We don't want them to walk in to a theater and just turn off their brains. And then leave and say "Eh, that was cool." Someone. . . stop. . . make that lots of someones worked for years on that movie. And you just walked in switched off you noggin and drooled on yourself for 2 hours. I'm not sure what that says about our culture.

Movies use to be art. They use to mean something. Right?

Anyways, that's my rant for the day. See ya tomorrow.

No comments: