Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Book Review: Her One and Only by Becky Wade

Becky Wade is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors! I feel like her books need to be a television series. After reading all the stories of the Porter brothers, it’s a refreshing change to read Dru’s story.

I really enjoy the banter and playful nature of Dru and Gray’s relationship. Dru has such a tough “guy” exterior that is so funny considering she’s such a girl in her emotional life. She’s got all the same emotions of the girly-girl with all the toughness of the brothers she grew up with.

Gray is just so stinkin’ arrogant. He’s your stereotypical football star. He chases women, drinks too much and thinks that the world revolves around him. It’s nice to watch the changes in him as he realizes that he’s not necessarily going to get what he wants from Dru.

Both Dru and Gray change over the course of the story. They grow into more compatible people. This story has elements reminiscent (to me) of the movie The Bodyguard with Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. I also love the fact that we get to see more of the Porter family. They have become such a concrete image in my mind.

I hope you’ll check out Her One and Only by Becky Wade! I loved it and I’m sure you will too.


I got this book for free for this review. I get to read all sorts of awesome, free books because I blog for Bethany House. If you’d like to learn more about Bethany House reviews just click here.

No comments: