Friday, May 4, 2007

My tv favorites

I don't think I've blogged about my obsession with Lost or Grey's Anatomy. So here goes.

I LOVE Lost. I've been hooked since the beginning. I've never missed an episode and I've been known to watch re-runs and re-re-runs. I've checked out all the sites. I go to sleep every Wednesday night wondering how it's all gonna play out.

I am sure that years from now I'll still think about how Walt appeared in the woods and how Mr. Ecko was killed by a giant puff of black smoke. As much as I love it I also am afraid of it. It comes on less than 2 hours before I go to bed. So I lay there thinking about it and it kind of freaks me out. I mean it's quite a ride! You are on the edge of your seat the whole show and then "bam" it's over. But it's never really over. You leave with more questions than answers. It's crazy and I love it. period.

Now Grey's is different. I love it and I watch it. But if I miss it, I miss it. I'll catch it online. I love the narration. And the characters are rich and pretty well developed. I wonder if it's possible to have such a great show with all the twists and turns and not have so much sex. I mean it's like the only way people in Seattle can interact is to end up in bed. I think it's the rain. (No offense to those who really live in Seattle. I love rain. And I've heard the coffee is the best. Not that I like coffee.)

Anyways, the point is the show is great but I think it's a guilty pleasure for me. In that, I feel guilty at seeing so much pleasure.

Another of my favs is Desperate Housewives. Another very guilty pleasure. I can't say that I've seen every episode or visited the message boards. But I know that every Sunday night I can turn on ABC and expect to see lots of scandal. Cause I really don't have much scandal in my life. Thank you, God!

The housewives crack me up. And the narrator is awesome. Her name is Brenda Strong and she use to be on my favorite show Everwood. sigh. I miss it so much. Which brings me to the following memorium for cancelled shows that I loved and that have passed on:

(No particular order, except the first which is the most awesome sitcom of all time.)
  1. NewsRadio(poor Phil)
  2. Frasier
  3. Everwood
  4. Wings(It was funny)
  5. The Cosby show
  6. Moonlighting
  7. Cheers
  8. The Wonder Years
  9. Space Above and Beyond(For my husband)
  10. Star Trek Enterprise
  11. Hidden Hills(where the heck did it go? It was a decent show.)
To be continued when I recall others. . .

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I'm a huge Lost geek and just wanted to mention that NewsRadio is also one of my all-time favorites!