Thursday, May 3, 2007

Smog, Heat and the Zoo don't mix!

Okay, so it's now Thursday and I haven't posted since Monday. Well I have an excellent excuse.

Tuesday was our home school day at Zoo Atlanta. The kids had a very short fun time. We arrived at 10:45 and finally got parked(don't even get me started) at 11:30. I knew we had to be out of there at 2 cause I pick up kids in the afternoon. So 2 1/2 hours in 90 degree weather with a severe smog alert at a smelly zoo. I left on time. Picked up the other kids. Arrived at home, called DH at work and begged for help. I then spent the rest of Tuesday and that night and part of Wednesday praying to the porcelain throne.

Needless to say I don't do well in the heat. I've never done well in the heat. I've done some research online and I've seen some references to sun allergy and heat exhaustion. I think the later is the case. I get really hot and start feeling like I'm gonna pass out. I have a really bad headache, chills and nausea. It usually puts me out of commision for about 24 hours. Thankfully I have a very understanding husband who comes to rescue me.

So anyways, there's my excuse.

No comments: