Thursday, April 26, 2007

Keeping the Faith. . .and the House

I recently finished began and finished The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. Oh my gosh. What a moving series! These books are awesome and long. I stayed up till almost 2am some nights reading. I just couldn't put them down.

Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Francine Rivers writes really moving Christian fiction. The kind of books that you really can't put down. . .

Well actually I have put them down. I've gotten so ticked off while reading some of her books that I just said to my husband, "No, I am not finishing that book. I cannot believe he(character) did that." You get so into the stories that you see things in yourself. The characters stories reveal things about yourself. She also wrote Redeeming Love which I stopped reading about halfway through and then finally finished after a week of fighting with myself.

For instance, The Mark of the Lion series is all about faith. In the first, a slave named Hadassah learns to trust in the face of death. Now, I've never been in a "face of death" situation (to my knowledge). But it put my own lack of faith into perspective. I realized that I always seem to have a backup plan. I expect that God will see me through but in the meantime I tend to try to solve the problem myself. Not good. I have majorly messed up things this way.

Anyways, I could go on and on. My lack of faith could fill up a few volumes, I'm sure. All this is to say read the books. They are awesome. Sometimes heart-wrenching. I have to be very careful when reading Francine Rivers books not to forget that I have a life. Make sure you have a box of tissues. And a very understanding husband. Cause my housework didn't quite get done. Enjoy!

No comments: