Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Book Review: Made to Last by Melissa Tagg


I've been trying to pin down who these two remind me of...I think it's Rick Castle and Kate (from the show Castle). Though their shenanigans are less gross, they've got lots of chemistry and drama.

Meet Miranda Woodruff, tv homebuilder show host who is keeping a really big secret. And also meet Matthew Knox, a reporter trying to get a big scoop and it doesn't hurt that his big break may help his family. I had so much fun reading this book. It plays out like a romantic comedy and I hope it gets picked up by Hallmark or another channel because I'd totally watch it.

Miranda is a very complicated character even though she'd probably think she's just a simple person. I loved getting the inside scoop of Miranda's life and background through her eyes as well as through Matthew's. It was interesting to see that just because she had it all together on set doesn't mean that she's not prone to making mistakes in life.

In digging for Miranda's secrets Matthew unveils some of his own past. I found his "redemption" story heartwarming. I love that the story is set in the south. I recognized some of the names and felt very at home reading. This book comes highly recommended!

I got this book for writing this review. And you can read amazing books if you become a reviewer for Bethany House!


No comments: