Monday, September 3, 2007

Book Meme

Snagged this from Amanda at ohamanda.com.

What are you reading right now? I'm reading River Secrets by Shannon Hale. This is an awesome series by the way. It's adolescent lit. I'm afraid but still awesome.

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that? Well, I've checked out the Desert Roses by Tracie Peterson so I guess that's next. I've read everything that Lori Wick, Linda Windsor and Liz Curtis Higgs have written. And they are my favorites so I'm just sampling the shelves right now.

What magazines do you have in your bathroom right now? None. We don't really read magazines. There is a copy of A Skeleton in God's Closet on the shelf in there though.

What’s the worst thing you were ever forced to read? A short story by some random author about some people traveling in the south and in the end they were all killed. Sound bad already, right? I don't know what the teacher was thinking.

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone? Oh, probably The Scarlet Thread or Redeeming Love both by Francine Rivers. Also by Rivers, The Mark of the Lion series. All of her books I read the same way. I read about halfway thru, come to an abrupt stop, put it down, swear that I am not going to finish reading it because I can't believe she did that. Get a good nights sleep and then finish reading the book. I get so involved in her books. I know the question said one book but come on you know you can't read just one.

Admit it, the librarians at your library know you on a first name basis, don’t they? Only because they have to call me and tell me I have fines.

Is there a book you absolutely love, but for some reason, people never think it sounds interesting, or maybe they read it and don’t like it at all? Scarlett. I read it when it first came out and I've never been able to talk anyone else into reading it.

Do you read books while you do other things? Yeah. Sometimes with the tv on in the background.

When you were little, did other children tease you about your reading habits? If they did I didn't hear them cause I was reading. lol. I didn't get teased. My family just couldn't understand why I read so much.

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?Oh my gosh, uhm every book I read. Once I start reading I can't put it down. And I have a really bad habit of starting books at bedtime.

If you’re a reader, tag you’re it! If you play along, leave me a comment so we can all see what you’re reading now!

1 comment:

ohAmanda said...

I agree about the Mark of the Lion series. I read that one in college and loved it!!