Thursday, February 14, 2013

What I read over Christmas break

Christmas in Apple Ridge by Cindy Woodsmall

I haven't had much experience with Amish fiction before reading this 3 in 1 collection. My first taste was The Scent of Cherry Blossoms, so it was nice to revisit some of the same characters. I loved the richness of the characters and the Northeast has always been an amazing place to me. Though, I've never had the pleasure of a visit. I grew up in middle Tennessee and we had occasionally seen the Mennonite people in their wagons and carriages. Though we never had any contact with them, unfortunately.

It seems like in our "modern" world there is so much to see and distract you from the story. It's so nice to enjoy a simple store of love. The simplicity of the society doesn't necessarily mean that the story is boring or plain. I enjoyed every moment of these stories. I especially loved the story of the carver and the buyer. This is an awesome holiday read. It kept me busy on our drive from Colorado to Tennessee because if you've ever driven through Kansas you know there's not a lot to see :)

I received this e-book for my review. If you'd like to learn more click the Blogging for Books button in the sidebar!


No comments: